Friday 1 June 2012

Richard Nicoll's launches bridal collection for Topshop

I woke up this morning to see Richard Nicoll has released his first ever bridal collection for Topshop. Yes you heard right, Topshop has bridal now.

I have to say interesting collaboration match as I doubt many brides would have Topshop on their list of go-to bridal boutiques. But in the same breath weddings are so expensive so I congratulate him for creating a bridal collection affordable for Australian women with prices ranging from $120-$560.

His debut collection called Tie The Knot (very cute name I must say!) is a first for a bridal offering in Topshop too.

This 7 piece collection is not the princess dresses and the meringues. Encompassing dresses in short and long lengths this collection clearly shows Nicoll's signature feminine fuss-free wearable aesthetic. I do think this collection is just that- a wedding dress for a fuss-free relaxed bride who wants to look feminine but comfortable on her wedding day. Perfect for a beach wedding or garden wedding.

Richard Nicoll's said he "liked the idea of making a modern affordable alternative to meringue culture. The dresses are marketed as bridal but would equally be suitable as bridesmaid or cocktail dresses."

"I've added some red carpet options to my forthcoming resort collection but wedding dresses are not something I plan to launch," Nicoll - who has made wedding dresses for friends in the past - told us. "Of course I'm happy to make them on request but I'm not the new Vera Wang, no!"

Nicholl's Quotes sourced from Vogue.com.au
http://www.vogue.com.au/fashion/news/topshop+bride+by+richard+nicoll,18155





No comments:

Post a Comment