Tuesday 29 January 2013

What to Pack: Beauty Needs for a Beach Holiday


When going to the beach and especially planning a beach holiday like I am, there is some must-have essentials to get you through. I am a little hesitant at the idea of a beach holiday, for the reason that my usual morning beauty routine entails a full face of makeup and my hair styled. Although I am very much trying for my holiday to Fiji this week to be foot loose and fancy free when it comes to the beauty regime. Okay so I've edited the bare essentials I must take in order to cope with full sun daily and a tropical climate. For those new to the blog, I am albino white skinned and proud of it but when it comes to sun I quickly become a burnt beetroot unless I take the necessary precautions.

I do dream of those girls who frolic on the beach all day, splashing in the water and sun baking all day. My reality, it's just never going to happen. So, here's my top essentials to a beach holiday with some sort of beauty regime in tack.

From Left to Right, Top to Bottom

1. Nivea Express Hydration Body Lotion $7.99
I am taking the plunge with a spray tan for my holiday to Fiji so need to keep the skin moisturised to make the tan last longer.

2.  MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 -
I'm using this mixed in with my daily moisturiser to give me some coverage but not a full coverage like I usually would. Also, the SPF 15 is an added bonus!

3. Reef Tan Coconut Oil - This one's not really for me I've discovered aka albino skin, but maybe the boyfriend can give it a whirl.

4. Nivea Lip Care Sun SPF 30+ About $5. Always need to keep lips from getting dry and this one will protect your lips from getting burnt too.

5. MAC Studio Fix - For the nights when going out to tea for just a bit more coverage

6. Ego Sun Sense After Sun Cooling Spray - $7.99 My sister says this is a lifesaver if you do happen to get burnt. The cooling spray helps get rid of the heat from the sunburn so it doesn't feel as uncomfortable.

7. Batiste Dry Shampoo- $12.99
With all the in and out of the pool and also the possible sweat from the tropical climate, spray some dry shampoo to the roots to reduce oil and get longer out of your hair before having to wash.

8. Neutrongena Body Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen Spray- SPF 30+ $14.95
The things I loved about this product is
- spray on so easy to use
- 4hrs water resistant
- But most importantly I hate sunscreen because it feels greasy and makes me feel dirty. This product however, dries off to a non-greasy feel so you feel a lot more clean. Genius!

9. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Lotion SPF 30+ $14.99
Stabilised with Helioplex technology, it provides balanced UVA & UVB protection against skin-ageing UVA and burning UVB rays and combines it with Dry Touch technology for a lightweight non-shiny finish.

4 hours water resistant. Sweat resistant. Non-comedogenic (wont clog pores). Oil free, PABA free.

And most importantly - DRY TOUCH! I say hell yes!

10. Nivea Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream $9.99
Good to use on all skin types. This product is SPF 8 so some protection plus with has these light-reflecting pigments in it which gives your skin a really good glow.

11. Aerogard Odourless Low Irritant. $
With a tropical heat, there comes the mosquitoes so be prepared with some insect repellent and carry with you so you can top up at anytime.

12. Aqium Anti-bacterial Hand Sanitiser $2.99
When travelling it's great to carry an antibacterial hand sanitiser with you as sometimes clean running water and soap aren't easily accessible. So, pack this and you're sorted.

13. Nivea Sun Light Feel Everyday Sun Lotion SPF 30+ Very High Protection $17.99
You always can't take enough sunscreen to a beach holiday. You never know how easy it will be to find sunscreen and often will be very expensive, cashing in on the tourist trade. So, pack extra just in case. I like this Nivea Light feel as its SPF 30+ and provides high UV ray protection.

So that's it, your beach holiday awaits. But remember, slip, slop, slap!






No comments:

Post a Comment