Sunday 10 February 2013

Karen Walker x Advanced Style

I am a huge lover of the style blog Advanced Style which celebrates stylish women of a mature age. The thing I really enjoy about seeing these women photographed is that they have not become a demure fashion whisper. No no, these women are out there, proud and expressive in their fashion choices. These women embrace and celebrate fashion and the art of fashion.

As women we have a fear of getting older. Personally, I do share this fear, I know it sounds vein but I have the fear that when I get old aside from the wrinkles, I have to tone down and simplify my style and what I wear.

The women featured on Advanced Style inspired me that with getting older, style does not fade but develops and becomes more true to one's self. And besides, who cares what people think, wear whatever the hell you feel like.

So, I realise I've taken you on a little thought detour but my point is Karen Walker has collaborated with Advanced Style photographer Ari Seth Cohen. Bringing you a series of images featuring the newest faces to Karen Walker Eyewear. At the ripe ages of between 62 and 92, I introduce Joyce Carpati, Linda Rodin, Lynn Dell and Ilona Royce Smithkin.

Shot by Ari Seth Cohen of Advanced Style in their own homes, the four women sport sunglasses from the new 31-piece Karen Walker Eyewear collection.

Karen Walker said, "What I've always loved about Ari's images, and his ladies, is the sense of looking to the future rather than the past". "There's an optimism and excitement for the moment in his women that I applaud."

I totally have to agree with Karen, my reaction was the same.

Enjoy the pics, shop the collection at www.karenwalker.com , and if you're interested check out www.advancedstyle.blogspot.com for some amazing stories and interviews of some incredibly stylish women.

xKL



























No comments:

Post a Comment